Hen sous-chef casserole is a tackle a restaurant favourite. For those who like sous-chef, you’ll LOVE this tacky hen casserole recipe.
A flavorful do-it-yourself creamy, tacky sauce is tossed with pasta, hen, and ham. It’s all topped with buttery breadcrumbs and baked till bubbly.
Prep forward and pop it within the oven for a simple meal any day of the week.
Simple Creamy Casserole
This simple casserole recipe is a tackle our favourite traditional hen sous-chef recipe.
- No have to stuff & roll hen breasts, this simple casserole is simply full of taste.
- The sauce is comprised of scratch, no canned condensed cream of hen soup is required.
- This casserole will be made forward of time and baked simply earlier than serving.
- Not solely does this dish look spectacular, however the taste is excellent with a tacky white sauce and crispy golden panko topping.
Components in Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
Use leftover ham from final evening’s dinner or buy a cheap ham steak on the grocery retailer.
Do-it-yourself Cheese Sauce – That is a simple do-it-yourself sous-chef sauce with a number of taste. It begins with a base of milk and hen broth (any form of milk works) which is thickened. It’s seasoned with a little bit of dijon, thyme, sherry, and Worcestershire sauce. For those who don’t have cooking sherry, you may add a little bit of white wine in place.
Cheese – Swiss cheese is conventional in hen sous-chef and offers this dish its well-known taste. The addition of both Monterey or white cheddar rounds out the flavour so the swiss cheese so it doesn’t overpower the entire dish. You should use any delicate cheese instead of Monterey jack (like mozzarella or provolone).
Pasta – For the pasta on this recipe, use medium noodles, like ziti, rotini, penne, and even egg noodles. A few cups of rice can be substituted or strive roasted cauliflower florets for a low carb model.
Find out how to Make Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Make the do-it-yourself cheese sauce (per recipe under).
- Prepare dinner the pasta al dente.
- In a big bowl, mix the hen, ham, pasta, and sauce.
- Place right into a baking dish and sprinkle with the topping combination. Bake till bubbly.
Ideas for a Nice Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Don’t skip the shredded swiss cheese on this hen sous-chef casserole recipe, it provides this dish its signature taste.
- Cooking sherry will be substituted with candy white wine if wanted.
- Prepare dinner the pasta al dente, it can prepare dinner a bit extra because it bakes.
- Enable the casserole to relaxation for about 10 minutes earlier than serving to thicken the sauce.
- Prep forward and wrap it in plastic wrap. This recipe will be saved within the fridge for 48 hours earlier than baking.
Can You Freeze Cordon Bleu Casserole?
- Sous-chef casserole is the right dish for making forward of time and freezing. Due to this fact, leftovers are additionally nice for tossing within the freezer and having prepared for a fast dinner or for a pack-and-go lunch.
- To freeze, place it in an hermetic container. It can preserve within the freezer for as much as 3 months. To reheat, enable the casserole to thaw within the fridge. Then cowl with aluminum foil, preheat the oven to 325°F, and bake for Half-hour or till heated by way of.
Did you’re keen on this Cordon Bleu Casserole? Be sure you depart a ranking and a remark under!
Hen Cordon Bleu Casserole
That is a simple hen sous-chef as a result of all the things goes into the casserole dish collectively!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Soften butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. Add flour and prepare dinner for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Whisk in hen broth and milk slightly bit at a time till easy. Proceed stirring till the sauce thickens, about 7 minutes. Let boil 1 minute.
Add in sherry, Dijon, Worcestershire, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Take away from warmth and stir in Swiss & Monterey Jack cheeses.
In the meantime, prepare dinner pasta al dente in line with bundle instructions. Don’t overcook. Mix pasta, hen, ham, and sauce. Pour right into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Mix melted butter, Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese & parsley. Sprinkle over prime of casserole.
Bake uncovered for 25-Half-hour or till scorching and the highest is calmly browned. Take away from the oven and relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
For the hen, use rotisserie or cooked hen breasts.
Leftovers will be refrigerated as much as 3 days, and can preserve within the freezer as much as 3 months.
If making forward for freezer or fridge, depart off the topping and add earlier than cooking.
To reheat, cowl with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven set at 325°F.
Energy: 590 | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 34g | Fats: 27g | Saturated Fats: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 777mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 622IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 392mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.