Kale quinoa salad is delightfully scrumptious and nutritions!
Hail to the kale – and quinoa! These two superfoods style nice blended with different greens, nuts, and cheese after which tossed in a easy dressing!
Make it forward of time for lunches or busy weeknight meals (this salad freezes superbly too!).
Hearty & Wholesome Salad
- Kale and quinoa salad is chock filled with protein, antioxidants, and fiber, and even children love the mixture of colourful and crunchy components!
- This versatile recipe permits you to swap out the fruits and veggies for no matter is in season making it a year-round favourite!
- Make this forward of time and revel in for lunches. This salad freezes effectively too making it a simple make-ahead meal!
- Maintain it as a vegetarian entrée salad or add hen or fish!
Components for Kale Quinoa Salad
Kale – Select bunches of kale which are deep inexperienced and take away any torn or wilted leaves, in addition to the stalks. Whereas I most frequently use curly kale, attempt different varieties like child, dinosaur kale/Tuscan kale.
Bulk up the salad by including chopped broccoli slaw, shredded brussels sprouts, or spinach.
Quinoa – Cooking quinoa in broth (as a substitute of water) provides additional taste. A powerhouse of protein, quinoa will be switched out for different grains or legumes. Attempt farro and even brown rice.
Greens – Shredded carrots and sliced crimson onions provide coloration and crunch and can be found year-round. Seasonal veggies like chunks of roasted squash, crimson potatoes, or corn will be added as effectively!
Different Flavorful Additions – Dried cranberries add a candy chunk and so will recent apples or grapes. Feta is a dry cheese that provides a salty taste whereas pecans add a nutty crunch.
- Add different veggies, virtually something goes. If you happen to’re not freezing this salad attempt cherry tomatoes, crimson bell pepper, or chopped cucumber.
- Swap our pecans for pumpkin seeds or pepitas, sunflower seeds, or sliced almonds.
- Cooked hen and even chickpeas are nice additions for additional protein.
Dressing – This sweet-tart French dressing has simply the correct quantity of Dijon mustard and recent garlic. Use leftover dressing as a marinade for hen or fish or drizzled over a inexperienced salad!
Find out how to Make Kale Quinoa Salad
- Make Dressing: Place the dressing in a mason jar and shake effectively to mix per the recipe under.
- Prepare dinner quinoa, fluff with a fork, and funky.
- Therapeutic massage chopped kale in oil and salt in a big bowl. Add the remaining components and drizzle the dressing overtop.
- Toss to mix and refrigerate earlier than serving.
Storing Kale and Quinoa Salad
- Maintain kale and quinoa salad in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Stir in recent nuts, cheese, or dressing, if desired.
- Imagine it or not, you CAN freeze this kale quinoa salad recipe whether it is made with the components listed under. As soon as thawed, it tastes simply nearly as good because the day it was made!
Did your loved ones love this Kale Quinoa Salad? Depart us a score and a remark under!
Kale Quinoa Salad
This kale and quinoa salad mix two wholesome superfoods – kale and quinoa!
Rinse the quinoa in a tremendous mesh strainer. Drain effectively and place in a medium saucepan with vegetable broth or water.
Convey to a boil, scale back warmth to medium-low, and simmer for quarter-hour or till the liquid has been absorbed. Cowl and let relaxation for five minutes. Cool utterly.
Mix all dressing components in a jar and shake effectively.
Place the kale within the backside of a medium bowl. Add olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt. Therapeutic massage the chopped kale along with your fingers till the leaves turn out to be tender and darkish inexperienced.
Add the cooled quinoa, pecans, carrots, feta cheese, crimson onion, and dried cranberries.
Add the dressing and toss effectively to mix. Refrigerate at the very least 1 hour earlier than serving.
Energy: 476 | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 35g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 20g | Ldl cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 491mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7954IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.