Nobody will consider these no-bake chocolate fudge oat bars didn’t come out of a sweet bar wrapper! Get pleasure from a pleasant mixture of chewy-crispy-crunchy textures and salty-sweet chocolate-peanut butter flavors in each chunk. They’re a straightforward, more healthy deal with recipe (nicely, in comparison with chocolate cake!) that you simply’ll wish to make many times.
This recipe has lived on my web site since 2012, and after making the no-bake bars for the one centesimal time, I made a decision they wanted some new photographs, and easier-to-understand directions. Whereas a lot has modified within the final decade, the recipe for these extremely irresistible bars has stood the check of time.
Produced from pantry staples like oats, coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips, and textured with crisp rice cereal, crunchy nuts, and chewy plump raisins… I swear there should be some Willy Wonka magic in these bars to show such easy components into one thing that tastes like a sweet bar.
Reader Sandy commented: “These are SO scrumptious!! I get so many requests for the recipe each time I make them. I additionally add somewhat chia seed and any additional dried fruit I can discover. ★★★★★”
Reader Lisa commented: “I made these at the moment and the entire household beloved them. My add-ins have been coconut, pecans, and dried cranberries. My 7-year-old favored them a lot, she requested them for her birthday! ★★★★★”
Why You’ll Love These No-Bake Chocolate Fudge Oat Bars
- Tastes like a sweet bar—nobody will consider it’s a more healthy deal with
- Simple no-bake recipe comes collectively in 10 minutes
- Gluten free if utilizing licensed GF oats and rice crisp cereal
- Dairy free and vegan if utilizing non-dairy chocolate chips
- Select your favourite granola bar add-ins, like nuts and dried fruit
- Chewy, crispy, crunchy, tender—it’s texture paradise
- Good stability of salty and candy, and oh-so-chocolatey!
Suppose Chewy Granola Bar Meets Crispy Chocolate Bar…
A mix of coconut oil, chocolate, peanut butter, and maple syrup coats the dry components in what tastes like chocolate fudge. Critically.
The oats give the fudge-like bars essentially the most scrumptious chew, the rice cereal provides the crispy texture of a Nestle Crunch bar, and in the event you embody peanuts, these bars have particular Snickers vibes as nicely.
The recipe is sort of a chocolate model of those peanut butter path combine bars.
Begin With These 6 Components
- Coconut Oil: Melted along with chocolate, coconut oil provides these bars their tender, fudge-like texture. If you need an alternative to coconut oil, use butter; you want a fats that’s strong at room temperature, so liquid oils wouldn’t work for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: We’re utilizing chips for ease right here, however you can additionally use chopped baking chocolate. Usually, if melting chocolate (like when making chocolate ganache or coating Oreo balls), I like to recommend utilizing chopped baking chocolate as a substitute of chocolate chips, however as a result of we’re melting the chocolate with coconut oil, chocolate chips work simply positive.
- Peanut Butter: Both creamy or crunchy peanut butter work. I normally use natural-style, however processed peanut butter comparable to Jif or Skippy works too. You may additionally make these with almond butter, or use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free possibility.
- Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup sweetens the bars, however they don’t style like maple. You may use honey as a substitute, in the event you choose.
- Oats: Old style entire rolled oats give the bars construction with a barely chewy texture.
- Crispy Rice Cereal: Rice Krispies (or comparable type crisp rice cereal) present essentially the most scrumptious crisp in each chunk.
Now, Select Your Add-ins
You’ll be able to select no matter add-ins you want, simply use about 3/4 cup whole (roughly 100–120g). I usually embody peanuts and raisins, for that crunchy-chewy texture combo, however be happy to make use of no matter mixture of nuts, dried fruit, and/or seeds your interior self needs (or occur to already be in your pantry). Listed below are some solutions:
- Peanuts (salted, unsalted, or honey roasted)
- Chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds
- Raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, or dried cherries
- Chopped dried apricots or pitted dates
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut (or attempt these no-bake coconut granola bars)
- Giant seed comparable to pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Chopped pretzel items
Or skip the add-ins and add a Tablespoon of a small seed comparable to chia seeds or flax seeds. I additionally high the bars with somewhat unsweetened coconut, however that’s non-obligatory.
Soften the coconut oil and chocolate chips collectively on the range, after which stir within the peanut butter and maple syrup. Pour this combination over the oats, crispy rice cereal, and add-ins. Stir to mix.
Press right into a lined 9-inch pan, after which refrigerate for two hours or till set.
The bars ought to be saved within the fridge. Saved at room temperature, they get somewhat tender and melty. Nonetheless scrumptious, however disintegrate simply!
Are These Chocolate Oat Bars Wholesome?
I say this loads with the lightened-up recipes I publish, however “wholesome” is a relative time period. In my eyes, these are a fairly wholesome chocolate deal with. They’re made with entire meals like pure peanut butter and fiber-filled oats. Nonetheless, they might be too sugary for somebody who wants to look at their sugar consumption.
I’m uncertain of the dietary data for these, however be happy to calculate it your self utilizing a web-based calculator and the precise components/manufacturers you utilize.
Get pleasure from a pleasant mixture of chewy-crispy-crunchy textures and salty-sweet chocolate-peanut butter flavors in each chunk of those straightforward no-bake oat bars. Select your favourite add-in from the solutions within the Notice under.
- Line the underside and sides of a 9-inch sq. baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the edges to carry the bars out (makes slicing simpler!). Put aside.
- In a medium pan over medium warmth, soften the coconut oil and chocolate chips collectively, stirring usually. As soon as chocolate chips have melted, stir within the peanut butter and maple syrup till mixed. Take away from warmth.
- Whisk the oats, crispy rice cereal, and add-ins collectively in a medium bowl. Pour the chocolate combination on high, and stir to mix. Combination is moist.
- Switch combination to ready pan. Utilizing the again of a flat spatula, press the combination tightly and firmly down into the pan. Be certain it’s compact, which helps assure the bars will maintain their form. Sprinkle with coconut, if utilizing.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for no less than 2 hours and as much as 2 days. If refrigerating for longer than 2 hours, cowl evenly.
- Elevate the parchment paper out of the pan and reduce into squares. Cowl and retailer bars within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.
- Freezing Directions: Layer the reduce bars between sheets of parchment in a freezer-friendly bag or container. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): 9-Inch Sq. Baking Pan | Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls
- Gluten Free: Bars are gluten free if utilizing licensed gluten free oats and crispy rice cereal.
- Peanut Butter: Both creamy or crunchy peanut butter works. I normally use natural-style, however processed comparable to Jif or Skippy works too. You may additionally make these with almond butter, or use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free possibility.
- Can I omit the crispy rice cereal? Sure, however you’ll lose some crisp texture. Exchange with 2/3 cup (about 56g) of entire rolled oats.
- Add-ins: You’ll be able to select no matter add-ins you want, simply use about 3/4 cup whole (roughly 100–120g). I usually embody salted roasted peanuts and raisins, for that crunchy-chewy texture combo, however be happy to make use of no matter mixture of nuts, dried fruit, and/or seeds comparable to salted or unsalted peanuts, chopped pecans, almonds, or walnuts, pistachios, raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, or dried cherries, currants, chopped dried apricots or pitted dates, unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes, massive seeds comparable to pumpkin seeds (pepitas), or chopped pretzel items. Or skip the add-ins and add a Tablespoon of a small seed comparable to chia seeds or flax seeds.
Key phrases: chocolate fudge oat bars