Pigs in a Blanket make nice little appetizers for teenagers & adults alike, and better of all, this simple recipe wants simply 2 elements!
Mini cocktail weiners are wrapped in crescent dough (or puff pastry in the event you’d like!) and baked till golden brown.
Stuff ’em with cheese, sprinkle them with every thing bagel seasoning or sesame seeds, and set them out along with your fave dips!
You may just about at all times discover these on our appetizer desk alongside Grape Jelly Meatballs, and Spinach Artichoke Dip!
An Straightforward Make Forward Appetizer
Juicy little smokies are wrapped in dough and baked till golden.
- With simply 2 elements, they’re tremendous simple to organize.
- These could be ready and refrigerated as much as 24 hours forward and wrapped in plastic wrap for simple entertaining. Simply bake and serve.
- They make an excellent appetizer or bake up a batch and add them to a lunchbox for a enjoyable lunch!
- No mini smokies? Minimize scorching canines or breakfast sausages into 1.5-inch items. You too can make bigger pigs in blankets with complete canines, cooking time will stay near the identical.
The best way to Make Pigs in a Blanket
Crescent roll pigs in a blanket couldn’t be simpler to make!
- Open crescent rolls and slice the roll into 1-inch slices earlier than unrolling.
- Unroll every slice and wrap round mini smokies (pinch the seams closed).
- Place seam aspect down on a baking sheet.
- Bake (per recipe under) and serve.
Variations and Swaps
Hold these as basic pigs in a blanket recipe, or change it up!
- Cheese: If you’ll find them, cheese lil smokies are nice on this recipe. If not, you’ll be able to add a tiny little bit of processed cheese or pepper jack when wrapping the dough.
- Dough: Swap out the crescent roll dough for biscuit dough. You too can use puff pastry (bake at 400°F for quarter-hour).
- Toppings: Brush with a little bit of melted garlic butter or plain butter and sprinkle with every thing bagel seasoning.
Should you’d like, brush them with a little bit of butter or egg wash and sprinkle with every thing seasoning, garlic powder, or poppy seeds earlier than baking!Swap out the crescent roll dough for both biscuit dough or puff pastry.Add a little bit of American cheese inside every in the event you’d like.
In all probability not, however on the off probability you’ve bought some leftover pigs in a blanket, retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for a couple of days or pop them into the freezer for an additional day.
To reheat, thaw within the fridge and reheat in an air fryer or oven at 350°F till heated by way of.
Dip these simple Pigs in a Blanket in ketchup, bbq sauce, or chili sauce.
Our Favourite Dipping Sauces
Along with ketchup and mustard, listed here are a couple of of our favourite dipping sauces!
Did everybody love this Pigs in a Blanket Recipe? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!
Pigs in a Blanket
Mini smokies wrapped in crescent roll strips make the right appetizer for a crowd!
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Open every can of crescent rolls and, with out unrolling, minimize every roll into 1-inch items. Unroll every strip and minimize it into 4 items.
Wrap every little smokie with a strip of dough, ensuring to pinch the sides to seal.
Place the wrapped smokies, seam aspect down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or till browned.
Cool for five minutes earlier than serving. Serve heat.
- Parchment paper is non-compulsory however ensures the pigs in a blanket don’t stick and makes for simple cleanup.
- Don’t fear an excessive amount of about being precise with the reducing or form of the dough.
- Add a little bit of American cheese or caramelized onion inside every in the event you’d like.
- Pigs in a blanket could be ready and refrigerated as much as 24 hours forward for simple entertaining.
- No mini smokies? Minimize scorching canines or cooked breakfast sausage into 1.5″ items (and even make bigger pigs in blankets with complete canines, the cooking time ought to stay near the identical).
- Brush with butter or egg wash and add sesame seeds, poppy seeds or every thing seasoning on high if desired.
Serving: 4items | Energy: 185 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 615mg | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.
Extra Sport Day Appetizers