27 Apr Does a Cesarean Start “Save Your Vagina” & Different Myths Busted with Dr. Janelle Howell
I’m so blissful that the pelvic ground is lastly getting its second to shine. This extremely vital set of muscle groups impacts our breath, continence, helps hold our organs in place, and impacts our day after day consolation. It actually deserves our consideration! Nonetheless not all the info persons are sharing about it’s factual and a few of these myths can result in actual bodily points over time.
Immediately I’m talking with Dr. Janelle Howell, DPT, WCS about these frequent myths. From assumptions like a cesarean start will stop prolapse and hold issues tight, or that Kegel workouts will remedy all the pieces, or waist trainers will shrink your waist, Dr. Howell busts by these myths with information and shares proof based mostly options.
This refreshing dialog clears the air about matters many are sometimes hesitant to speak to a care supplier about however can have a huge effect in your high quality of life.
On this episode you’ll be taught:
- Find out about Dr. Howell and what introduced her to deal with ladies’s well being and pelvic ground PT.
- Does a cesarean start save your vagina?
- How the pelvic ground and core are affected by cesarean start.
- Why it is best to see a pelvic ground PT after cesarean start.
- Getting ready your core and pelvic ground for a cesarean start.
- The “6 Week” lie.
- The place the physique is at 6 weeks after start.
- An enormous image on the primary 12 weeks of therapeutic postpartum.
- Kegels: how, when, and why to do them?
- Kegel apps and devices, who’re they good for?
- Getting ready the physique for start, are devices just like the Epi-No helpful?
- Waist Trainers: do they shrink your waist?
- Important Oils: can they be used to vary vaginal smells?
- Yoni Eggs: helpful or problematic?
- Vaginal Steaming: Can they steadiness your hormones, cleanse your ovaries, or assist PCOS and fertility?
- Vaginal Meals: Connecting vitamin to your vaginal well being
- Posture: Holding your physique in a loving method
- The place yow will discover Dr. Howell’s work.
Help Our Sponsors:
- Ritual: Flip wholesome habits right into a ritual. For 10% off your first 3 months go to ritual.com/ybb
- Boober: In search of a lactation help, start doulas, psychological well being therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service at www.getboober.com
- Prenatal Yoga Heart: YBB podcast listeners- be a part of Deb for sophistication! Take $10 off an 8 class or One Month Limitless yoga class bundle with the code ybb10 Get your bundle right here!
About Dr. Howell:
Janelle Howell is a physician of bodily remedy who gained her board licensed specialist coaching from Loyola College. She at the moment practices as a pelvic bodily therapist at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago, IL treating situations generally neglected like urinary incontinence, painful intercourse, and constipation. On Instagram and Tik Tik, she’s generally known as the “vagina rehab physician” the place she seeks to show you all the pieces about your vagina that your mama didn’t. Her objective is to construct a radical tradition of vaginal well being by high quality schooling!
Dr. Howell’s E-E-book: 50 Meals For Your Vagina
Join with Dr. Howell:
Web site: https://www.vaginarehabdoctor.com
- Get probably the most out of every episode by testing the present notes with hyperlinks, assets and different associated podcasts at: prenatalyogacenter.com
- Don’t overlook to seize your FREE information, 5 Easy Options to the Most Widespread Being pregnant Pains HERE
- If you happen to love what you’ve been listening to, please go away a ranking and overview! Yoga| Start|Infants
To attach with Deb and the PYC Neighborhood:
Instagram & Fb: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Heart