Printed on August 10, 2017
Do you know that no insurance coverage plan can reject you, cost you extra, or refuse to pay for
for a pre-existing situation?
What’s a pre-existing situation?
- A pre-existing situation is a well being downside you had earlier than the date that your new well being protection begins.
- Epilepsy, most cancers, diabetes, lupus, sleep apnea, and being pregnant are all examples of pre-existing situations.
Is my well being protection affected by my pre-existing situation?
- No. Therapy for any pre-existing medical situation is roofed from the day your protection started.
- When you’re enrolled, your plan can’t deny you protection or increase your charges based mostly solely in your well being.
- Market plans cannot put annual or lifetime limits in your protection.
What if I am pregnant?
- In the event you have been pregnant earlier than you utilized, your insurance coverage plan cannot reject you or cost you extra due to your being pregnant.
- When you’re enrolled, your being pregnant and childbirth are coated from the day your plan begins.
Be taught extra about pre-existing situation protection.